Avoid Using Mothballs??

Beauty and Health Add comments

Mothballs, according to the book 1001 Ways to Save the Planet, are made from chemicals that are highly toxic if swallowed. Chemicals such as 1,4 dichlorobenzene, Para dichlorobenzene or naphthalene composed mothballs. Studies have found cancers caused by these substances in laboratory animals. Long-term exposure can cause kidney and liver damage. Using mothballs means that you spread the vapors and particles of this chemical through your clothes continuously.

Try lavender bags as a safer and cheaper substitute. Lavender plants belong to the mint family and their leaves have a fragrant scent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also make sure that you wash your clothes thoroughly and keep them clean, to stop buildup of moth eggs. :)

Hope this helps!

Ciao! :)

Leave a Reply

WP Theme & Icons by N.Design Studio
Entries RSS Comments RSS Log in